Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Shenandoah Pawpaws--Harvest Finished, Sept 21

Today I came home from work and found three Shenandoah pawpaws on the ground. I picked them up casual-like, since it's become so commonplace to be pickin up pawpaws. I brought them into the house and set them on the table and didn't even think immediately to mark them on the Shenandoah harvest chart. But then later in the evening, my native conscientiousness returned, and I took up a pen to record the day's harvest. And it turned out that I, with neither pomp nor circumstance, had harvested the final Shenandoah pawpaws of the year. Here's a pic of the tree's completed harvest chart:


Still two more to harvest from the Atwood. And several--about ten as I remember--to harvest from the Wells. And several on the Wells are still rock hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment