Saturday, July 16, 2016

Fertilizer and a Windfall

This evening after going out for a burger at Burger Supreme, I went with my brother and dad to pick up a couple items. First, a new water filter for when I'm hiking, since my old one recently broke. And second some fertilizer with calcium in it, like Sheri Crabtree suggested, to see if that will have any effect on the leaf curl issues on the Wells and Shenandoah.


I got some fertilizer that's got bone meal, feather meal, and processed manure in it. The bag advertised it as especially for vegetables and tomatoes, but it was the only type that had calcium that I could see, So I bought it and spread it: instructions said 1 cup for every ten square feet, for tomatoes. I'm hoping that what's good for the tomato is good for the pawpaw.

I spread it



And spread it



And then I saw it--the windfall. The piece of fruit that had fallen from the Shenandoah in the wind.


I froze

And then approached


This one was smaller than most of the pawpaws on the Shenandoah, so it's no great loss.

Then I looked over at the horizon and sunset,

The water (from the hose as I watered the pawpaws) glowed red on the pavement


Things would be okay.

3 comments:

  1. red sky at night--paw paw lovers delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete