Monday, September 12, 2016

Big Day: 19 Pawpaws Harvested

I came home from work today and didn't find any pawpaws under the trees. Once I got inside, I learned that W had collected them--eleven of them from beneath the Shenandoah. Then during dinner, another fell, this one from the Atwood. And tonight five more fell. All this on top of the few that I found under the trees this morning before breakfast. So if my tallies below are correct, and I have no reason to suspect they're not, we harvested 19 pawpaws today. For a total of 44 pawpaws to this point in 2016.

I've started keeping them in the fridge, hoping to store some up against the day when NJ gets home and we can have a legit Utah Pawpaw Festival.




A scene from the fridge. Behind the pawpaws in the unlabeled jar: some really good rhubarb and jalapeno jelly some friends gave us from their garden. And behind that: a labeled jar of preserves that seems like it decided to start floating while I took the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment