Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Found Pawpaw Art

Today I stopped by a friend's office to say I unfortunately couldn't attend a birthday-party taco bar. While I was conveying my regrets, I saw, propped up behind his office phone, a painting that looked like three cut-open pawpaws. Well, not exactly like three cut-open pawpaws. But for someone with a post-impressionistic eye, or maybe an expressionistic eye, the yellow buildings of his daughter's painted cityscape could pass for three cut-open pawpaws, with particularly big seeds at the base. I asked if I could take a picture or two and post them here as found art, "found pawpaw art." He said it was fine with him.    


The pawpaws/buildings oriented in the way they were displayed in his office.


The pawpaws/buildings turned upside-down, with their doors/big seeds obscured by one of the plants he keeps in his office.

File:Pawpaw-fruit.jpg
For those who aren't as familiar with how a cut-open pawpaw looks, here's a public domain picture for your reference. I trust you'll see a resemblance.

No comments:

Post a Comment