Sunday, June 2, 2019

Strange Beast, and Tanager in a Pawpaw Tree

The other day at a second hand store we found this strange beast. Who makes a bear (complete with killed fish at its feet) out of a cowrie shell and a clam shell? I sure would like to know who, since it's some creative thinking.

Also the other day NJ and I were standing out by the car port and talking before I was going in to work, and then a western tanager flew up and landed in the Shenandoah. I couldn't get any picks before it flew away, so I was lucky that a few days later it landed in the same tree and stuck around for long enough.

If you want to see one of the few western tanagers to have ever landed in a pawpaw tree, you should click on this pic.

Western Tanager (male).jpg
But if you just want to see what a male western tanager looks like, here's a pic I lifted from wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment