Sunday, May 20, 2018

Linocuts: Pawpaws, a Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and a Possum

Avid readers of this blog will recall that a few months ago I made a post about a linocut print I made titled "Possum with July Pawpaws, a First Try." In that post I committed to make another version of the print, with a different layering of colors, this one titled "Possum with August Pawpaws, Just Checking." Here's the promised remake.





And here's a great linocut that NJ did, with a yellow-billed cuckoo sitting in a pawpaw tree. The print doesn't imitate Audubon's much more famous painting of a cuckoo in a pawpaw tree, but it's certainly allied with that painting. 

And then here's another linocut, unrelated to pawpaws, made by NJ but I thought it was so good, titled "Desert Raven," that I wanted to include it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment