Friday, November 25, 2016

Pawpaw Seeds on the Christmas Tree?

One year ago today, I wrote a post detailing (among other things) how when we lived in Virginia I made some strings of pawpaw seeds. Today it was time to put the three strings of pawpaw seeds on the Christmas tree.


For most of the year the pawpaw seeds are draped over an item of furniture that we have.

But this evening it was time to move them to their Christmas location. Here I am removing the first string as ceremoniously as possible.

All this moot genetic material joining the more regular trimmings of the Christmas tree.

Retrieving the second string of pawpaw seeds (me, forground), and wearing a trucker hat in a completely un-ironic way (S, background).

One of the seeds fell off as I took the string down from its usual perch. After it fell off, I held it out in my hand like this, and NJ kept trying to take it from me and I kept not letting her take it; finally we came to a mutual understanding that I wasn't trying to give it to her, I was trying to get her to take a picture of me holding the lost seed so that you (gentle blog readers) could see that a seed fell off the string. Don't feel bad though, since it was just a very small moment of domestic strife (more likely, 100 notches below the level of strife) that we endured so that you could see the lost seed.

Placing the second string on the tree...

...among the Christmastime phantasmagoria.

All this moving of pawpaw strings had been a lot of work already and was making me tired, but I put my shoulder to the wheel once again to move the final string to the tree.


There...just...perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment