Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Continuing the Culling, Naturally

I recently got back from a trip to visit my brothers in North Dakota. My dad was there too, and we caught a lot of fish: small mouth bass, large mouth bass, striped bass, channel catfish, and northern pike. Here's my nephew admiring one of our hauls.


And here's the house across the street from one of my brothers. What? I watched this dog enjoy himself as he skated up and down the driveway.


When I got back to my home in Utah, I went out and looked at the pawpaws' progress.

Here's the Shenandoah.


Here's the KSU-Atwood.



But here's the Wells, considerably less progressed. And it's also covered in pawpaws that have "died on the vine," with the tree apparently deciding to cut off the nutrient supply to many of the pawpaws it had been hosting.


Click to enlarge this one and you'll see the scant progress the Wells is making (compared to the Shenandoah and KSU-Atwood), even with the pawpaws that it's still working on.


Close-up of a dried out pawpaw cluster still on the tree.

Close-up of a living pawpaw cluster on the Wells.

The kids with their North Dakota shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment