Monday, April 25, 2016

A Pawpaw Seedling? No, a Mushroom

We went away for the weekend and when we got back last night I looked at the pawpaw planting containers to see if there had been any progress (according to what I see online, it should still be another month, but I thought maybe there would be a precocious seedling in the bunch).

At first I thought I saw a seedling rising. But then I looked more closely and it was a small mushroom. I went to bed thinking I would take a pic in the morning. But in the morning I came downstairs and found the mushroom from last night (on the left, second planter up) was bending down, as if its life cycle were already coming to an end and it were digesting itself. And then I looked and saw that another mushroom had grown over night (on the right, second planter up).




Here's a closer view of the mushroom that grew overnight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment