Monday, September 14, 2015

Shaken

Yesterday I told all of my many pawpaw followers that one of the pawpaws on the Wells had gotten soft enough that I was going to stop squeezing it to test its ripeness, and from here on out I would just shake the tree. I shook the tree this morning and it didn't fall. I shook the tree when I got home from work and it didn't fall. And then before we went out for a walk this evening, I shook the tree and thud it fell.

The re-enactment below took place just three minutes after the actual event of the pawpaw falling.


Shaking...

Shaken.

There it is, like a big green Easter Egg.




For perspective on the size

Up against the dying light of the sky and the peak behind our house.


So, now the pawpaw sits on our kitchen table. Still ripening a bit, since it's soft but as NJ says, it doesn't really feel soft enough yet, and there's no point in eating it before it's the best it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment